The WAV audio file has excellent sound quality. This format is far superior to MP3 files in accuracy and capacity. However, you may rarely hear the difference if you do not use high-quality audio equipment. And even less if you are not an audiophilic.
However, it is true that MP3 files still have their advantages. The main reason most people choose this is because it is more manageable. It takes up less storage space, which makes it ideal for creating song libraries. If you don’t know how to convert large WAV files to MP3 files, here are some instructions to make your task easier.
How to convert WAV to MP3 on a PC with Windows 10
Converting audio files to Windows PC is very easy. Besides the many programs available for download, there is also a built-in
Convert WAV to MP3 for free with Windows Media Player
Step 1: Open Windows Media Player on your computer and drag and drop the corresponding WAV file into the program interface. You can insert a CD with the WAV file into your computer.
Step 2: Find the library files to view the WAV files or click the downloaded CD. Select “Organize” on the left pane of the screen, then click on “Options”.
Step 3: Go to Rip Music> Rip Settings> Format> MP3 and click Apply. Finally, click the OK button.
With VLC media player
If you have already uploaded a file to VLC, the device will not immediately upload it to the converter. You will need to reload the file using the same browser. Click the “Add” button on the right.
- Open VLC, then on the media and select Convert / Safe
- After viewing this file, click Open
- Select Convert / Safe and open the following window.
- Select “MP3” from the “Profile” tab at the bottom, then click “Browse” to select the directory to which the file will be transferred.
- After changing the file extension to mp3, select Save.
- To have a little more control over the encryption that occurs during conversion, click the button.
- This gives you an additional window which offers some more sophisticated solutions. To change objects such as data rate, channels and sample characteristics, the “Audio codec” tab is for you!
- Finally, select the launch option to start the full conversion process.
Using online solutions to convert your files
There are many websites that can convert your files for free http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-convert-wav-to-mp3-in-windows-10/. But back to Zamzar. You can convert up to 10 files at a time and they will not store your files on their servers for more than 24 hours.
- Once you go to the Zamzar website, click “Select files” or drag and drop the files into your browser window to upload them to the website.
- Then select “MP3” as the output file type from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, enter a valid email address where you can get a link to the converted files and click “Convert.
- When the conversion is complete (which won’t take long if you don’t convert many large files), you will receive an email with the files ready for upload.
The guide on WAV to MP3 conversion is now complete. We hope you found this article useful.
We did our best to find the best possible solutions to help you convert these files. If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact us, we will appreciate your feedback.